Most people simply know Whaleback as the small place right off Route 89. Racers, however, know it as one of the most unique and fun slalom hills around. NEMS is so excited to be returning to Whaleback for our third consecutive season.
This will be an open event (no age or USSS License requirements).
Please be sure to visit the Whaleback Race Info Sheet for all of the official race details.
The Race Basics:
- Date: Saturday, March 2nd
- Registration - Online only (no day of race).
- Registration Deadline - Friday, March 1st at 12:00 PM (Noon)
- Discipline: Slalom (2 full races) + Bonus AM SL Training
- Race Fee: TBD (Includes Lift Ticket & Training)
- Age Requirement: No - Anyone can race!
- USSS License Required: No
- NEMS Membership Required: No (See NEMS Membership Policy for more info)
Things to Consider:
The great thing about Whaleback is that everything is close. The parking lot is 60 seconds off the highway and is right next to the Base Lodge and the snow. Race registration will take place in the Base Lodge (see Race Info Sheet). You can get ready in the lodge and leave your bags or you can simply drop your bag back at your vehicle.
The main chairlift is what you will take to get to the race start. The lift is next to the Base Lodge.
Whaleback does have a small cafeteria and serves breakfast and lunch. Options are limited compared to bigger venues, so consider that when thinking about food for the day. There is a full-service bar upstairs as well.
Awards - Approx. 1 hour following conclusion of race.
Curious what the SL course at Whaleback is like? Check out some of our racers GoPro footage!