The oldest ski club race in North America is back for it’s 85th year! The Hoch Challenge Cup Race has been a NEMS favorite for decades. It is always an exciting race, and is considered a “must attend”, by many of our regular racers.
Due to current snow conditions, the race is being moved from Mittersill to Cannon. The race discipline is being changed from a Giant Slalom to Slalom and will take place on Gary's trail. Erine's Haus will be home base.
The Hoch is currently the only NEMS races with a team aspect. Racers can create a team of FOUR (4) to compete for one of the legendary Ski Club Hochgebirge trophies. Team entries cost $20, are done at Mittersill, and facilitated by a Ski Club Hochgebirge representative.
Awards Location - We are working to determine where this will be. Updates to follow.
Register Here: https://masters.adminskiracing.com/
Race Website: https://nemsracing.org/hoch
A USSS Masters License is required for this event. A short-term license can be used for racers who do not have a full USSS Masters License. NEMS can cover the short-term license. Please contact the NEMS RA at: [email protected] for me details.
Tickets – The Race Fee does not include a lift ticket for this race. A discount Racer Ticket must be purchased separately via link (to be provided).
Things to Consider:
- Tickets are $39 and purchased via Cannon/Mittersill’s website. See Info Sheet for instructions.
- Tickets must be purchased before midnight (11:59 pm) on Thursday, Jan. 19th to receive a discount.
- This is a USSS sanctioned event and a USSS Masters License IS required.
- Speed suits are NOT required
Key Times to Remember:
- Race Registration Deadline: Friday, Jan. 20th at 12pm (Noon)
- Raceday Registration: 7:30-8:30am (Comp Center – Outside Erine's Haus)
- Lift Opens: 8:30 am (Zoomer Tripple)
- Inspection: 8:30 am – 9:45 am (Gary's)
- Race Start: 10:00 am (2nd run start time approx. 1hr following conclusion of 1st run)
- Awards: Working on time/location
Racers are encouraged to do slip runs (per Jury/Race Crew request).
Racers are encouraged to bring down jackets/pants of fellow racers, as needed.
Finally – Have a blast!!