The oldest ski club race in North America is back for its 86th year! The Hoch Challenge Cup Race has been a NEMS favorite for decades. It is always an exciting race and is considered a “must-attend” by many of our regular racers.
The Hoch is currently the only NEMS race with a team aspect. Racers can create a team of FOUR (4) to compete for one of the legendary Ski Club Hochgebirge trophies. Team entries cost $20, are done at Mittersill, and are facilitated by a Ski Club Hochgebirge representative.
Awards Location - We are working to determine where this will be. Updates to follow.
Register Here: https://masters.adminskiracing.com/
Race Website: https://nemsracing.org/hoch
A USSS Masters License is required for this event. A short-term license can be used for racers who do not have a full USSS Masters License. NEMS can cover the short-term license. Please contact the NEMS RA at: [email protected] for me details.
Tickets – The Race Fee does not include a lift ticket for this race. A discount Racer Ticket must be purchased separately via link (to be provided).
Things to Consider:
- Tickets are TBD and purchased via Cannon/Mittersill’s website. See Info Sheet for instructions.
- Tickets must be purchased before midnight (11:59 pm) on Thursday, Jan. 18th to receive a discount.
- This is a USSS sanctioned event and a USSS Masters License IS required.
- Speed suits are NOT required
Key Times to Remember:
- Race Registration Deadline: Friday, Jan. 19th at 12pm (Noon)
- Raceday Registration: 7:30-8:30am (Outside Performance Center)
- Lift Opens: 8:30 am
- Inspection: 8:30 am – 9:45 am (Taft)
- Race Start: 10:00 am (2nd run start time approx. 1hr following conclusion of 1st run)
- Awards: Outside of Performance Center
Racers are encouraged to do slip runs (per Jury/Race Crew request).
Racers are encouraged to bring down jackets/pants of fellow racers, as needed.
Finally – Have a blast!!