The weather at Stratton has been worse than originally expected. The top of the mountain is closed today. The lifts are closed due to icing. The bottom of the mountain just opened at 11:00 AM. There is a thick layer of ice/crust on the surface at the top. The safety netting on North American will also need to be pulled and reset as a result, which cannot happen until tomorrow (Saturday). Lastly, the overnight temperatures are only expected to drop into the low 30s, which will not be enough to firm up the very soft conditions. As a result, we will need to make the following changes.
Saturday, Jan. 27th
- The Giant Slalom race (Janeway Cup) is being moved to Sunday, Jan. 28th.
- Stratton will offer Slalom Training to anyone who wishes to participate. They are expecting to run it on lower North American.
Sunday, Jan. 28th
- The Super-G races have been cancelled.
- The Giant Slalom race (Janeway Cup) will now take place on Sunday, Jan. 28th.
Stratton will still honor the $25.00 lift ticket for anyone who wishes to ski on Saturday and not participate in the Slalom training.
- The Super-G races are already closed and will remain closed. Racers will not be charged for this event and are not required to do anything here.
- Registration for the Giant Slalom race (Janeway Cup) will be opened back up until Saturday, Jan. 27th at 12:00 PM (Noon). If a racer wishes to add/remove themselves from this event they will be required to do that before the event registration closes.
- There will be a new event opened for the Slalom Training on Saturday, Jan. 27th. If you wish to participate please register for this event on ASR. The registration deadline will be Saturday, Jan. 27th at 12:00 PM (Noon).
Please reach out with any questions.
New England Masters Ski Racing