Hello Racers -
Some bad news.
We just spoke with Okemo’s Race Department and they do not believe we will be able to make the Super-G races or the Giant Slalom race happen. After de-icing the netting earlier in the week, Okemo received more weather last night and the nets were again covered in ice this morning. Okemo has had a crew on the hill all day working and they have only gotten about 1/8th of the trail done. Below are some pictures of the netting on Chief from today. There is no way that we could have put together the manpower to de-ice and reset all of this netting.
Both NEMS and Okemo really wanted to get these races to happen but mother nature is sticking it to us. The good news is that Okemo has already agreed to try again with us next year. In addition, they understand that people are coming from far away and if you are planning to still be in the area on Thursday and Friday, they are offering us a $49 athlete lift ticket for anybody that does not have an Epic pass.
To get your discounted ticket:
- You need to be on the Masters race registration list for Thursday and/or Friday. If you are not registered you are not able to purchase an “Athlete” ticket.
- Go to any Ticket Window to purchase the ticket. Tell them you are here for the “Masters Race”.
- You can purchase an “Athlete” ticket for $49. Only for the day you are registered for the race.
- You can also purchase ONE “Family” ticket for $49 for the same day.
- If you are going to get the “Family” ticket as well, please say it is for a “Family” member. A parent, son, daughter, etc. This is not a buddy/friend ticket.
- Multi-Day tickets are not available. So if you are going both days, you need to go to the ticket window both days.
I know this is not ideal and is likely causing some frustration. Believe me, I get it. I am in the same boat. The Southington Slalom race is still on and should be a fun day. Sorry the last few weeks haven’t been great. Hopefully things will turn around so we can finish the season off strong.
New England Masters Ski Racing